1. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information You Provide: We collect personally-identifiable information from and about certain users of our Website when users choose to provide us with such information, such as registering your product, contacting us, submitting a product review or warranty claim, chatting online with us, or through a sweepstakes, contest or promotional entry. We may ask you to provide personally-identifiable information directly to utilize these features, such as your first and last name, phone number, mailing address, email address, and date of birth.
Information Observed or Collected through Technology:
Navigational Information. We and our third-party service providers may collect navigational information when you use our Website. For example, we may collect IP addresses, operating system information, domain type, browser version, the Internet service provider used to access our Website, use of links to arrive at our Website and the IP address from which you arrived, web pages requested and viewed on our Website, time spent on our Website, and information about the device used to access our Website. Navigational information is largely anonymous in the sense that it doesn't include information that directly identifies you. However, we may associate this navigational information with your personal information if you provide it, and our use and disclosure thereof will be done in accordance with the “How do we use the information we collect about you?” section, below.
2. How We Use Your Information
Bernzomatic uses the information collected online to: respond to your inquiries; improve our products, services or the Website; administer the sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion; contact potential winners; market our products to you; personalize your experience by providing content on the Website, including targeted advertising, that we believe may be of most interest to you; fraud prevention purposes; and to send you information and other special offers that we think may be of interest to you. We may use navigational information to help us evaluate how our visitors use and navigate our Website. For example, we collect navigational information to determine things like the number and frequency of visitors to each web page of our Website; the difficulties that visitors may have with our Website; the time it takes a visitor to connect to the Website or download pages; and the length of their visits to our Website. We analyze this information to better understand and improve a visitor’s experience on our Website, and for other internal business purposes.
We use information collected through cookies and similar technology for many of these same purposes. In addition, cookies and similar technology are used for things like personalizing your experience on our Website, analyzing trends, determining return visitors, serving tailored advertisements on other sites, and measuring the effectiveness of our advertising.
3. How Technology Is Used To Serve Advertisements And Your Choices
We may contract with third-party advertising companies to tailor online advertising to be directed to you on other websites. These third-party advertising companies place, use, or rely on technology, such as cookies and pixel tags, to obtain information about your interactions with our Website as well as with other websites. This information helps us select advertising to serve to you and where to serve it based on your experience on our Website and other sites that you visit.
For information about opt-out programs that these third-party advertising companies participate in, and the effect of opting out, click the following: NAI Opt Out and DAA Opt Out. By clicking either of these websites, you will leave our Website for other online sites where you may specify your preferences under those opt-out programs. You can also click the preference icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these technologies. You should also note that our systems may not recognize “Do Not Track” headers from some or all browsers.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
- To our affiliates, affiliated brands, subsidiaries and others within our corporate family so that they may respond to your requests, where applicable, and so that may market to you.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support us in providing the Website, the services offered therein, marketing activities, and to administer and monitor email. These parties are bound by contractual obligation to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Bernzomatic’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Bernzomatic about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- In other cases with your prior consent.
Additionally, we may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Bernzomatic, our customers or others.
5. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for persons under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete the information.
6. Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which our Website has disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at: Worthington Enterprises Legal Department, Attn: Chief Compliance Officer, 200 W. Old Wilson Bridge Rd., Columbus, OH 43085. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
7. Data Security
We employ technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect online. While we use these security measures on our Website, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
9. Contact Us
Effective Date: June 15, 2017. Updated September 14, 2021.