TS4000-High Heat Torch for Fast Work TimesEXPLORE PRODUCT
VIEW STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTIONS
Stamped silver pendants make excellent personalized gifts and are a great way to show off your personal style. Ashley Hackshaw of Lil Blue Boo shows that you can easily create your own one-of-a-kind stamped solder pendants yourself with a Bernzomatic torch, a rubber stamp, silver solder, and copper wire.
- Wood-mounted rubber craft stamps help protect your fingers from hot solder.
- Use a stamp that’s the same size as the pendant to avoid piling up too much excess solder on the sides.
- Catch solder drips and splatters for later re-use by placing a piece of parchment paper under the pendant.
Thanks to Ashley Hackshaw of Lil Blue Boo for contributing this project guide and photos.
- Read our General Safety Precautions in the Information Center before starting your project.
- Read the instructions that come with your torch carefully before beginning your project.
- Keep a fire extinguisher or water source nearby in case of emergency.
- Always remove the torch from the fuel cylinder and store fuel in an upright position after completing your project.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- TS4000-High Heat Torch for Fast Work Times
- Bernzomatic 14.1 oz. MAP-Pro™ Hand Torch Cylinder
- Flux brush
- Safety glasses
- Work gloves
- 18-gauge copper picture wire
- Bernzomatic Sterling Silver Plumbing Solder
- Bernzomatic SWSF100 1 oz. Water Soluble Plumbing Flux
- Bon Ami ® cleansing powder
- Fire-proof surface
- Parchment paper
- Rubber craft stamps
- Step 1Cut off a few inches of 18-gauge copper wire. Use pliers to bend the wire into a figure eight shape by forming a small loop at the top and a larger pendant-sized loop at the bottom. Make sure the larger loop of wire is sufficiently big to contain the stamp you’ll be using.
- Step 2Brush a small amount of flux onto the copper wire. Light the torch, pointing it away from anything flammable. Apply heat to the solder so that drops fall onto and around the pendant sized copper circle until the solder completely fills the inner circumference of the looped wire. Move the torch’s flame in a circular pattern around the edges of the copper wire. The solder will flow and accumulate towards the center of the circle.
- Step 3Press a rubber craft stamp onto the molten solder.
- Step 4Clean the pendant with a toothbrush and Bon Ami® cleaning powder. Scrub lightly for a glossy look or more forcefully for a matte look.