JT850-Lawn and Garden TorchEXPLORE PRODUCT
VIEW STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTIONS
A portable propane torch is an easy way to eradicate weeds from paver patios or gravel driveways without applying harmful herbicides.
- Torches are ideal for killing weeds along non-flammable areas such as sidewalk cracks and rocky terrain.
- Never torch weeds growing on dry or combustible materials, or during periods of drought.
- The 36 inch handle of the Bernzomatic Lawn and Garden Torch makes it easy to remove weeds without bending or crouching.
- Never burn poison ivy or other poisonous plants. The smoke can cause serious allergic reactions.
- Read our General Safety Precautions in the Information Center before starting your project.
- Read the instructions that come with your torch before beginning your project.
- Always remove torch from fuel cylinder and store fuel in an upright position after completing your project.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- JT850-Lawn and Garden Torch
- Bernzomatic Propane Camping Cylinder
- Keep a fire extinguisher or water source nearby in case of emergency.
- Safety glasses
- Work gloves
- Step 1Sweep the area free of debris, particularly loose combustible materials.
- Step 2Light the torch and walk slowly in the area to be weeded, passing the flame along the weeds.
- Step 3Apply the torch to the root or leaves of the weeds, which will cause the moisture within the weed to instantly evaporate, causing the weed to die.
- Step 4Sweep any extinguished remnants from the area.